Audio By Carbonatix
Jordan Ayew is in danger of missing the African Under-20 tournament after he was told by Olympique Marseille he will not be released for the event.
The tournament due to begin in Libya on March 18 in Libya could itself be affected by the recent unrest in North Africa but Jordan could miss out regardless of where and when it is played.
KickOffGhana.com understands the player has been told by Marseille coach Didier Deschamps that he will not release him to play a part in Ghana's African title defense.
He played only one qualifying game for Ghana because the club had been unwilling to release him for those games too.
Clubs are not obliged to release their players for the U-20 championships and with injuries to the squad, Deschamps wants his striker around.
Ayew turned down the chance for a loan move in January and has been used frequently since then as a substitute.
His brother Andre captained Ghana to both the African and world titles while on loan from Marseille to Arles-Avignon and Jordan is determined that he can work out a deal with the cub so he can play in the tournament.
Source: Kickoff.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
20 minutes -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
22 minutes -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
30 minutes -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
2 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
3 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
3 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
3 hours -
Publican AI and the A–B–C Corridor
3 hours -
Blast targeting train kills at least 20 in Pakistan
3 hours -
Attacks on Ebola centres intensify in eastern DRC amid outbreak fears
3 hours -
‘My heart is shattered beyond words’ – Choirmaster mourns wife Beverly Afaglo
4 hours -
East Africa wants to curb imports of used clothes, but it’s not easy
4 hours -
California declares emergency as fire crews race to contain toxic leak
4 hours -
Social Democrats’ Ennis elected in Dublin Central by-election
4 hours -
At least 82 killed in Chinese coal mine explosion
4 hours