The Minority is threatening to drag the Deputy Trades Minister before the Privileges Committee of Parliament for his conduct in the $100,000 cash-to-sit close to the president scandal.
According to the Minority Chief Whip Muntaka Mubarak the conduct of Carlos Ahenkorah was “serious” because he “almost physically attacked Ablakwa in Parliament.”
But for the restraint shown by the North Tongu MP there would have been an exchange of blows, Muntaka Mubarak stated.
Carlos Arhinkorah is said to have rained invectives on Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa who has been championing the $100,000 cash-to-sit close to the president scandal.
In the full glare of journalists, Carlos barged into an interview session Ablakwa was having with the media and rained insults on him.
“You don’t have the moral right” he said, adding, “let him know he is a thief. You have lied through your teeth.”
In a subsequent interview with Joy News’ Evans Mensah on Newsnite, the Tema West MP repeated the same accusation against the North Tongu MP.
The Minority believes the conduct of the Deputy Trades Minister was unacceptable and a disciplinary action must be taken against him.
He told Joy News he will raise the matter on the floor of Parliament as required by Standing Order 70.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback