Rwandan prosecutors are requesting 16 years in prison for Dieudonné Kagame Ishimwe, the Rwanda beauty pageant organiser accused of sexual abuse, local media report.
His trial started on Wednesday, but a judge immediately decided it would be held behind closed doors despite the defendant’s wish for it to be open to the public.
Mr Ishimwe is accused of soliciting or offering sexual favours and harassing some contestants in the Miss Rwanda contest.
He denies both charges.
Mr Ishimwe was arrested in May after one of the beauty contestants made the accusations against him.
The authorities have since suspended the pageant.
The court is expected to decide on the case later this month.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Stop offering yourselves to sugar daddies and mummies – AIDS Commission boss advises the youth
- Infectious smiles trail Black Stars victory over Korea
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Joy Prime introduces a technological Programme ‘GSTEP’
- ₵93bn loss to depreciation is more than twice the much anticipated IMF bailout
- Put the military in charge of poultry production – Chamber of Agribusiness to Government
- March on gallantly – Alan Kyerematen commends Black Stars on win against South Korea
- You chased and caught your dreams – Bawumia congratulates Black Stars
- Sarkodie is too big to reply Nasty C – Nigerian Talent Manager
- Jospong Group responds positively to government’s call to boost rice production
- Benedicta Lasi becomes 1st African, 1st woman and youngest Secretary General-elect of Socialist International
- The focus is on Uruguay after beating South Korea – Mohammed Kudus
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- Nalerigu Nursing and Midwifery Training College issues disclaimer over fake admission notices
- Camidoh copied my hairstyle – Kay 9ice