A Dormaa-Ahenkro Circuit Court has convicted and sentenced two persons to seven years each with hard labour for conspiracy to commit a crime and stealing a Bajaj tricycle valued at GH₵35,000.00.
Both convicts, Blessing Yeboah, aged 19, a driver’s mate and Isaac Ofosu, 25 years, a mason apprentice pleaded guilty to the two charges with explanation, but the Court presided by Mr Osei Kofi Amoako convicted them on their own plea.
The prosecuting officer, Police Inspector (P/Insp.) Emmanuel Asare told the Court the complainant, a tricycle rider resided at Koraso, a village near Dormaa-Ahenkro while Yeboah, first accused lived at Dormaa-Ahenkro and Ofosu, the second accused also resided at Amangoase in Berekum.
Police Insp. Asare said at about 5:00 on Thursday, May 4, 2023, the complainant detected his green Bajaj tricycle with registration number M-22-BA-109 was missing, and therefore reported the matter to the Police at Dormaa-Ahenkro and an extract was given to him to make an announcement to that effect on radio stations.
He said later, the Dormaa-Ahenkro Police received information from Wamfie Police that they had intercepted a Bajaj tricycle with the above-mentioned registration number and also arrested the convicts who were on board.
P/Insp. Asare stated that the Police accompanied by the complainant went to the place, saying the latter identified the tricycle as his and convicts were therefore re-arrested and detained for investigation.
He explained that the investigation revealed the convicts refused to stop at the Wamfie Police checkpoint and when the Police chased them, and escaped into a nearby bush, leaving behind the tricycle but were eventually apprehended.
P/Insp. Asare said during interrogations, the convicts admitted the offences and were accordingly charged and brought before the Court.
- Pastor Eastwood Anaba’s Days of Wonder Conference illuminates Houston
- Volta Regional Gender Department calls for support for women
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors defy rains to intensify demonstration
- Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs, EU and SNV Ghana, launches ¢3m Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups Support Fund
- Hanno Barkhoff joins Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra as General Manager
- GRA clears air over allegation of harassment; recovers over ¢104,000 from upfront payments
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: This is why Black Sherif is ‘mad’ at the government
- Vodafone Foundation’s STEM and robotics training elevates young girls in the Western Region
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle