Grammy award-winning reggae band, Morgan Heritage – comprising of the Trinity: Peetah Morgan, Gramps Morgan, and Mr. Mojo Morgan, all children of late reggae great and Father of A Nation, Ras Denroy Morgan have released their new single and music video “Just A Number.”
The new track serves as an awareness anthem, sparking conversation around the topic of cancel culture and the ephemeral nature of fame.
The accompanying music video was directed by Samo (Koffee, Chronixx, Protoje), and filmed at Independence Park (National Stadium) in Kingston, Jamaica.
Recorded and mixed in Kingston and Florida, “Just A Number” was “inspired by historic and current figures in the entertainment industry,” says Morgan Heritage.
“The song speaks directly to upcoming sports, film, tv, and music entertainers and anyone pursuing a professional career.
We want to warn them that it’s possible to work hard and sacrifice all their lives yet lose everything due to personal views or opinion.”
Morgan Heritage continues, “As students of history, we know it is better to open minds than to close them. And that’s what we hope to do with this song.”
“Just A Number” is just the first release in what promises to be a very busy year for Morgan Heritage. Stay tuned for more information on new music, live performances and much more.
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Livestream: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Eugene Osei-Tutu: State funding of political parties; are we ready?
- Ho Central NDC primaries: It is time to reward loyalty and hard work – Randsford Kasu
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Beyoncé and Adidas reportedly end partnership
- Foreign on indigenous: A look at Ghana’s fashion industry
- 2023 Onga Cook Art: Keta SHTS defeats Mafi Adidome SHS and three other schools to qualify for zonals
- Damongo primaries: Adam Mutawakilu should go unopposed – NDC polling station executives
- Parliament adopts new rules as MPs vote on fate of ministerial appointees
- Twitter will kill ‘legacy’ blue checks on April 1
- Minority to ‘do everything possible’ to reject Ministerial nominees – Murtala Muhammed
- Off-duty pilot flying as passenger takes over plane after captain becomes incapacitated mid-flight
- Qpee Vibez out with new Afrobeats song titled ‘Allo’
- US Vice President to visit Ghana on March 27 to deepen bilateral relations, strengthen trade and investment
- MUSIGA to hold elections on August 8 after 4 years of postponements
- 7 surprisingly erotic zones in the body