Audio By Carbonatix
Mother of a final year student of Gwiraman Senior High School in the Nzema East District in the Western Region is blaming school authorities for the demise of her son.
21-year-old Nathaniel Yankey died in the early hours of Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at the Essikado Government Hospital.
It is not yet known what caused his death but mother of the deceased, Mena Adjoa Esson says her son had not been well.
According to Ms Esson, numerous requests to school authorities for her son to be allowed to come home proved futile.
She is accusing them of negligence and lack of care which she said led to the untimely death of her son.
Meanwhile, the school's authorities are yet to comment on the matter.
Nathaniel's demise brings to two the number of students lost in the space of two weeks where teachers have been cited for neglect.
Last week, two teachers of the KNUST Senior High School (SHS) were sanctioned by the Ghana Education Service (GES) over the death of a final year Business student, Sam Leonard.
The pair – Mr. Seth Owusu Ansah, a Senior Housemaster, and Mr. Anthony Awotwe, a Housemaster, have been removed from the school and are to be re-assigned by the Oforikrom Municipal Directorate of Education.
They had been accused of disregarding the woes of the distressed student for fear of contracting Covid-19 in a viral video depicting the act.
The Business student, Sam Leonard, was pronounced dead at the hospital after help from his colleagues had proven futile.
Latest Stories
-
Usyk keeps titles with controversial Verhoeven stoppage
11 seconds -
TUC welcomes ICJ ruling affirming workers’ right to strike
19 minutes -
NDC teachers launch grassroots political drive in Western North
41 minutes -
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
1 hour -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
2 hours -
Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House
2 hours -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
3 hours -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
3 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
3 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
4 hours -
Tension in Kasoa: Assembly pulls down shops for 24-hour economy project
5 hours -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
5 hours -
Eastern Regional Minister halts Koforidua China Mall project over severe flooding
5 hours -
Tamale police arrest suspect with large quantities of drugs
5 hours -
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
5 hours