Motorists travelling on the Kumasi-Cape Coast highway have been left stranded for several hours after a section of the road under construction was blocked to traffic.
Ongoing construction works have rendered the road impassable as trucks travelling on the slippery road get stuck.
Hundreds of the travelling public have been forced to sleep on the Assin Asempaneye-Assin Praso stretch of the road since 1 am on Thursday, as traffic has come to a standstill.
Trucks loaded with cement and other heavy-duty vehicles travelling the Kumasi-Cape Coast direction and those from the Cape Coast-Kumasi direction are the worst affected.
The vehicles get stuck in the middle of the road, blocking traffic.
An affected and distressed motorist, Isaac Ocran, told Nhyira FM four articulated trucks skidded and totally blocked the road.
He and other motorists travelling from Takoradi have been stranded since 1 a.m.
“We got here around 1O’clock from Takoradi. When we got here, about four trailers (Articulated trucks) had blocked the road; the skid from the main road to the side. And another one crushed at the back, a crush involving four tipper trucks.
The road has been blocked and the traffic situation here is very bad.
The traffic is from Assin Asempaneye, that is a town when you are coming from Kumasi, right from (Adansi) Praso you go to Asempaneye. The traffic is from Asempaneye to Assin Fosu.
According to Mr. Ocran, the situation has led to heavy vehicular traffic. Though contractors had moved to site at the time of filling this report, little has changed.
“The situation is very serious because we’ve been here since 1 a.m. It’s a night bus from Takoradi. We moved from Takoradi around 10 p.m. We got here around 1. We’ve been here since 1 a.m and we are still in traffic. We don’t know what they are doing.
The contractor just came. They are trying to move the vehicles over here but the traffic situation is very serious. Just imagine been here since 1 a.m”
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
Absa Group to Implement Second Significant B-BBEE Transaction
Musician Kaakyire Kwame Appiah enstooled Benkumhene Of Bosomtwe Asaman
Suaman youth shower praise on Akufo-Addo for DCE appointment
Izwe Savings and Loans rewards customers and staff at its 10th anniversary virtual cake cutting ceremony
Prudential Bank donates vehicle to reward first runner-up of teacher prize
Seth Kwame Awuku: Parliament -Amending the 1990 ECOWAS supplementary protocol
Playback: Akufo-Addo addresses 76th session of UN General Assembly
Mozzart Bet offers biggest odds in 3 games today
Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
Northern Region Police Commander visits victims of brutalities in Tamale
R. Kelly’s legal team brings witnesses who say they never saw abuse by the singer
There’s enough food to feed SHS students – Education Ministry assures parents
Stop doing music if you don’t have money – Mr Logic