The Multimedia Group’s Samson Lardy Anyenini has been presented with a car prize for winning the P.A.V. Ansah Journalist of the Year at the 25th Ghana Journalists’ Association (GJA) Awards held last year.
The 2019 Journalist of the Year, a legal practitioner, is the host of Newsfile and The Law on the Multimedia Group’s Joy News channel.
On the night, Mr Anyenini was also awarded the Democracy and Peace Building Award.
Ten other journalists from The Multimedia Group were adjudged winners in various categories at the ceremony. The Group won 14 awards at the ceremony for their excellent reportage in various fields for 2019.
On Thursday, the GJA presented a VW Passat to Samson Lardy as part of his prize.
Mr Lardy speaking shortly after the event vowed to pursue more credible, independent and fearless journalism to impact lives positively.
“To be very frank with you, I had no expectation before the awards. I only got to know about my selection the night before. In the same way, after the 2019 Awards night, I had no expectation because I had told the GJA President [Roland Affail Monnie] that the recognition for me was sufficient.
“I had no expectation of a vehicle, so it is yet another surprise and I am very thankful to the Awards Committee, to the GJA, and ultimately, to the Information Minister and the GJA President to donate this car for this purpose,” he said.
- ‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
- Our Day list: Oswald’s mother explains why her son mentioned Mrs Appiah
- Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
- I will win hands down even against Asiedu Nketia – Assin North NPP parliamentary candidate
- Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
- Our Day list: I have a habit of forgetting, that is why my son wrote a letter – Mother
- Free SHS: Akufo-Addo hints at more budgetary allocation to education sector to address access and infrastructure
- Parliament approves Kissi Agyebeng for Special Prosecutor
- This is my best Our Day – Boy who wrote wishlist to mother
- Our Day List: KiDi performs at Oswald’s school, gifts him a Samsung tablet
Alleged phone thief chops off owner’s 4 fingers
Ghana deserves a national cathedral – Razak Opoku
Winners from 1xBet’s Prize Hunt final draw from Ghana received their well-deserved rewards
Our Day List: Photos from Oswald’s new world
Ato Forson alleges government paid GH¢16m for Sputnik V vaccines
Health Ministry receives Antigen test machines and kits for testing Covid-19
Mahama and Lordina celebrate 29th marriage anniversary
I was privileged but not lucky as a child – President of Academic City College
Court of Appeal allows Nii Amanor Dodoo as Unibank Receiver until appeal against High Court ruling is heard
Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over ‘Black Widow’ streaming release
Collins Dauda faces criminal charges over Saglemi Housing project
European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will continue with plans’
Health Minister prioritised safety over procedures – Group backs Agyeman-Manu
Oswald Gennuh: Five leadership lessons from a daring ‘Our Day’ petition
Ghanaians in UK hail Akufo-Addo-led administration