Audio By Carbonatix
The Interior Minister, Muntaka Mohammed Mubarak, has pledged to address concerns regarding excesses in ongoing operations, assuring the public that a thorough review will be carried out to determine appropriate actions.
This follows growing public outcry and demands for accountability after a team of heavily armed National Security operatives raided Dr Addison’s Roman Ridge home on March 19 in Accra.
The incident, which saw officers disabling CCTV cameras and ransacking the property, has raised concerns about due process and the motives behind the operation.
Meanwhile, Deputy Attorney General Justice Srem Sai has explained that all the searches carried out so far were lawfully carried out with proper warrants.
Read also: Armed operatives storm former BoG Governor’s home at dawn, demand ‘vaults’ and seize vehicles
Speaking to JoyNews' James Avedzi on the sidelines of the Police Regional Commanders' Conference, Mubarak acknowledged that while much of the activity being carried out is legitimate, there are occasional excesses that need to be addressed.
"We will look at the magnitude of the excesses, and based on that, we will know what to do. I will not be able to stand here and tell you the exact level, but I have asked for a report," he explained.
Mubarak further assured that following the review, measures would be taken to ensure that identified excesses are properly dealt with.
Meanwhile, the Minister says he's yet to confirm the arrest of the former head of the National Signals Bureau.
"Looking at it, we will try to see how to fashion it to make sure that those excesses are taken out," he added.
While Mubarak acknowledged the legitimacy of most of these actions, he recognised the need for oversight and corrective measures to prevent any overreach.
"Believe me, most of the things they are doing are legitimate, but sometimes it comes with some excesses, which we are taking out," Mubarak said.
Latest Stories
-
Galamsey has become a livelihood, an endemic problem – Senyo Hosi
1 minute -
NSMQ 2026: Wesley Grammar escapes Kofi Agyei’s grasp in nail-biting battle to book one-eighth spot
8 minutes -
Sky Train case: Solomon Asamoah challenges no-case ruling at Supreme Court
14 minutes -
Power outages are fixable; leadership must prioritise solutions – Kofi Bentil
18 minutes -
I dare Afenyo-Markin to face me – Sammy Gyamfi points to ‘underlying issues’ in GoldBod claims
20 minutes -
Health walk finds pockets of dirty air on some Accra streets
35 minutes -
Ghana must rethink spending priorities amid recurring blackouts – Kofi Bentil
46 minutes -
GoldBod is the best we’ve done with our gold resources yet – Kofi Bentil
1 hour -
‘I never insulted Afenyo-Markin, he got the response he deserved’ – Sammy Gyamfi
1 hour -
We’ve moved gold purchases to Interbank rate – GoldBod CEO
2 hours -
‘We’re not milking the state like a parasite’ – Sammy Gyamfi defends GoldBod fees
2 hours -
‘You can’t call it losses today after defending it’ – Sammy Gyamfi to NPP on Gold-for-Oil Programme
2 hours -
Unclaimed car? Efua Abban’s experience with shipping a car to Ghana from the United States
2 hours -
GoldBod revenue comes from legally approved fees – Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Ghana cautions Tijjaniya Muslim pilgrims over road travel to Senegal
2 hours