Audio By Carbonatix
Rafael Nadal has been included in Spain's squad for the Davis Cup Final Eight in November.
The former world number one, 38, has been added alongside world number three Carlos Alcaraz, Roberto Bautista Agut, Pablo Carreno Busta and Marcel Granollers.
Nadal has not competed since the Paris 2024 Olympics, where the 22-time Grand Slam champion was beaten in the singles by Novak Djokovic and lost in the quarter-finals of the doubles after partnering Alcaraz.
He withdrew from the US Open in August and last weekend's Laver Cup because of fitness concerns.
Six-time champions Spain, whose most recent success came in 2019, face Netherlands in the quarter-finals, starting on 19 November.
Nadal missed the US Open because he said he would not "be able to give my 100% at this time".
He then pulled out of the Laver Cup earlier in September, saying he believed there are "other players who can help the team deliver the win".
Nadal also missed the Australian Open in January through injury and decided not to play Wimbledon to focus on the Olympics.
He previously hinted at retirement later this year, but said before the French Open he was not "100%" certain that would be the last time he played at Roland Garros.
The Davis Cup quarter-finals take place 19-21 November, with the semi-finals following on consecutive days before the final on Sunday, 24 November.
Reigning world number one Jannik Sinner is set to lead defending champions Italy, who will seek to become the first team to retain the title since 2013.
Latest Stories
-
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
19 minutes -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
31 minutes -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
36 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
45 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
51 minutes -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
52 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
52 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
4 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
4 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
4 hours