Audio By Carbonatix
The governing NDC is claiming victory following day one of talks at the Electoral Commission’s public forum on the voters' register.
At the session at the Alisa Hotel in Accra on Thursday, presentations by political parties, civil society groups and the EC were interspersed with questions and reactions from the panel of eminent persons leading the discussion and other participants.
Deputy General Secretary of the party Koku Anyidoho told Joy News consensus is already building around the NDC’s position for an audit of the register, instead of compiling new one.
“But the good point is that, consensus is building. There is meeting of minds. It’s not about a new register. If anything at all, it’s about cleaning up whatever problems there are on the existing one,” he told Joy News at the forum.
“I feel sorry for them the way their position has been thorn into shreds....consensus is building towards our position. And against the position of the NPP... we made a stronger point,” Mr. Anhyidoho added.
The forum has become necessary following divisions among various political parties and civil society groups over the issue. The NPP has been pushing for the compilation of a new register, claiming the current one is bloated with minors and foreigners. But the NDC disagrees.
Minority Member of Parliament O. B. Amoah who was part of the party’s delegation at the session said the forum has thus far failed to address the NPP’s concerns.
“So far, I don’t think anybody has been able to address our concerns. From the way it’s going, it’s as if it’s only the talking, talking, talking without really finding a solution,” he said.
The Electoral Commission is expected to make a presentation on the second day of the forum on Friday. Mr. O. B. Amoah says the party looks forward to the presentation by the commission, hoping that can move the discussion forward.
Latest Stories
-
GoldBod cannot make losses trading gold – Afenyo-Markin
2 minutes -
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
12 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
19 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
46 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
58 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
1 hour -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
1 hour -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
1 hour -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
2 hours -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours