There was drama at the Tema East constituency during the NDC Primaries when an agent for one of the candidates tore some of the ballot papers.
The agent, whose name is unknown, according to JoyNews’ Matilda Wemegah forcibly, tore the ballot papers just when sorting had been completed and counting was about to begin.
Two people – Mr Isaac Ashai Odamtten, Chief Executive, Tema Metropolitan Assembly and Edward Nii Bediako Crabbe, are contesting for the slot of parliamentary aspirant for the area.
“The agent pulled the ballot papers that were being counted and tore them into pieces,” Matilda Wemegah reported.
No one knows the reason for the agent’s action but the police, according to Matilda, have taken control of the situation.
“It became a bit chaotic at the moment counting has been suspended for the moment,” she added and said it’s unclear how many papers were torn.
She reported that anxious party members have gathered at the centre.
Some 524 aspirants gunning to become Parliamentary candidates of the NDC across 157 constituencies in the country.
NDC, Ghana’s largest opposition party, is voting Saturday to select those who will represent its constituencies in the 2020 election.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed￼
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding
- US government to provide $138m to support human capital development in Ghana
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on
- KiDi, Kuami Eugene wrap up Europe tour with 3 shows in one night
- ‘I’m not worried’ – Otto Addo on Black Stars form
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- KiDi releases ‘4Play’ EP with voice notes to fans
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Weweso JHS students save up ‘chop money’ to buy sanitary pads
- Global Citizen Festival: Usher, DWP Academy, others wow crowd
- Kenyan accused of ICC witness bribery found dead