The 2008 Convention People’s Party presidential candidate Dr. Paa Kwesi Ndoum has condemned the controversy that surrounded the organization of the Fetu Afahye Festival in the Central Region over the week-end.
The New Patriotic Party and the National Democratic Congress have been engaged in accusations and counter accusations days after the festival.
Dr. Nduom told Joy News the controversy does not auger well for the country and the traditional institution in particular.
“You must not allow a joyous occasion like the Afahye festival, an occasion that is supposed to bring people together [to generate such controversy].
“It is important that we ask the traditional authorities themselves to ensure that they make proper arrangements for everybody, so that there are proper sitting arrangements and proper protocols.
“Otherwise, the traditional authorities will also come under the suspicion that they only act under the influence of the government of the day.
“This thing keeps repeating itself and everyone must condemn it,” he said.
In 2008 there was scuffle between state security and those accompanying then candidate Mills at the Fetu Afahye Festival resulting in some injuries.
Source: Joy News/Ghana
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati
- 16 suspects arrested over shooting incident at Asaman Tamfoe
- Ivory Coast raises cocoa farmgate price by 9% for 2022/2023 harvest
- Pact with Rabat is in force and being implemented – Head of Spanish Diplomacy
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- MultiChoice teams up with BetKing to launch SuperPicks for new football season
- Ed Sheeran must face copyright trial over Thinking Out Loud, judge rules
- ‘Skills 4 Success’ trains teachers in digital skills