Organisers of Miss Ghana USA have crowned a new queen for 2022.
Vanessa Obeng, representing the Bono East Region and the State of Florida, won first place at the event held on June 25, at the Atlas Performing Arts Centre in Washington DC.
The 1st runner-up position was won by Afua Laast, representing the State of New York and the Savannah Region of Ghana, with Stephanie Twum, representing the State of Georgia and the Western Region, taking the 2nd runner-up position.
Although other contestants did not make it to the top three, some were given awards on the night.
Ms Adwoah Adomako, representing the State of New Jersey and the Eastern Region, won the Ms Congeniality prize for 2022. Stephanie Twum, the second runner-up, also walked away with the Ms Photogenic prize for 2022.
As part of their prize package, sponsored by Adansi Travels and the Labadi Beach Hotel, Miss Vanessa Obeng and Miss Afua Laast will be travelling to Ghana this December as part of the Conquer Ghana tour by Adansi Travels.
While in Ghana, they will be fully hosted by the Labadi Beach Hotel. They will then jet off to Dubai for the end of year and new year’s activities also sponsored by Adansi Travels.
They will also be working on their projects with the Kaya Child Care centre in Madina which focuses on care and education for kids of Kayaye women.
The event was also patronised by Ghanaians across the East Coast of the United States of America with representatives from the Ghana Embassy in Washington DC led by the Deputy Head of Chancery Mr. Ernest Amporful representing Ambassador H. E. Alima Mahama (Hajia).
In a speech read on the Ambassador’s behalf, H.E. Alima Mahama congratulated all the contestants and encouraged them to emulate the ideals of the great Ashanti Queen Yaa Asantewaa per the chosen theme for this year’s event.
She then went on to encourage the Ms. Ghana USA Organisation to keep on promoting Ghanaian women in the diaspora and also work hard in implementing various social interventions in the selected communities back home in Ghana.
Ms. Ghana USA 2022, Vanessa Obeng, is a charismatic and artistic young woman from her home state of Massachusetts, currently living in Miami, Florida.
She holds a Bachelors in Psychology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst and is currently a graduate student earning a Masters degree in Sports Administration from the University of Miami.
Miss Obeng has always had a passion for dance from a young age and has extensive experience dancing/cheering professionally for the NBA Team Miami Heat.
On the final night, she showcased the best of herself in all categories and earned the majority of points from judges based on the main focus of this year’s pageant – leadership, talent and communication skills.
The Ms Ghana USA organisation plans to move the pageant around the United States of America with focus not just on discovering talented Ghanaian young women but also to promote Ghana as a tourism and business destination on the continent of Africa.
Next year, the pageant will be hosted in the State of Texas.
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Pay Toure over ¢100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Program expected to be expended
- My ‘Aso’ song was inspired by a friend but it later happened to me – Kwabena Kwabena
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Xornametor Foundation constructs 3-unit pavilion for CK Korpe community
- Housemate to be charged over murder of LGBTQ activist
- Founders and chancellors of private universities announce name for new association
- National Cathedral: Board of Trustees should be dissolved and forensic audit conducted – Ablakwa
- Abolish protocol system in the CSSPS – Ablakwa
- Debt level is troubling; government must cut expenditure – Prof. Peprah
- Priscilla Aseye Febiri: 2023 top trends & insights about Influencer Marketing
- I just wanted to whisper in Efya’s ear – S3FA explains viral kissing video
- Government must reprioritise its educational needs – Ablakwa
- My next girlfriend will enjoy a more sophisticated me – Kwabena Kwabena
- Northern Development Authority CEO, 3 others plead not guilty to corruption charges, granted bail
- Consumption and expected cost for new tariff to be catalogued in Reckoner – ECG