Government is finalising steps to start the double-track or semester system to boost enrollment under its flagship free Senior High School (SHS) education programme.
Education Minister, Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh, made the revelation at a sensitisation programme organised for education directors, heads of senior high school and public relation officers in the education sector on Saturday, July 21.
Below is a simplified explanation of how the system will run in September 2018.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Concerned old boys of Bishop Herman College raise funds to buy mono-desks
- Prof Bawole appointed Dean of University of Ghana Business School
- An entire family is wiped out a day in road crashes - Report
- Prof Atuguba appointed Dean of University of Ghana School of Law
- YEA introduces job centre platform to boost employment
- 82% of LPG stations in Central Region pose danger to lives, property
- Afoko’s rights ‘clearly’ violated – GBA president
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- Police appeal for public assistance to catch Tema fuel station robbers
- Kumasi Academy past students elect new executives
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia
- John Jinapor supports education in Central Gonja
- Soldier gets 90 days detention for 'Drop That Chamber' viral video