Deputy Communications Minister, George Andah is reported to have been involved in car crash Saturday.
Reports say Mr. Andah’s vehicle collided head-on with another vehicle in the Awutu Senya West Constituency where he represents in Parliament.
Myjoyonline.com understands Mr. Andah, who together with three others, sustained serious injury, have been airlifted to the 37 Military Hospital in Accra for emergency care.
Joy News Central Regional Correspondent, Richard Kwadwo Nyarko reported that, the Deputy Minister was in the constituency to attend a number of social functions most of which were funerals.
On his way from Awutu-Budumburam to one of the communities, his vehicle collided with tipper truck fully loaded with sand in a curve at Awutu-Loye.
The minister, his driver, police guard and an official of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), are in critical condition, the reporter said.
They were transported to the St. Gregory Hospital at Kasoa where a helicopter was called in to airlift the injured to Accra for attention.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Ahmed started receiving death threats after photos were published – Family reveals
- Minister launches e-learning platform for students
- Taxi driver found dead with missing genitals
- Yendi curfew reviewed
- UN expresses "strong condemnation" of Ahmed’s killing
- AIBF announces 2018 Literary Awards winners
- Yendi: One dead, 2 picked for disrupting rites to enskin new Ya-Na
- 'World's cutest dog' dies from 'heartbreak'
- NPP MP mounts defence for embattled colleague over killed undercover investigator
- 108 police personnel diagnosed with mental illness
- NAM1 will be in Ghana upon final determination of Dubai case – Police, EOCO
- Congressman proposes travel ban on Ken Agyapong over Anas' partner killing
- Investigator killing: Time to say enough is enough – Ken Ashigbey
- Photos: Killed undercover investigator buried
- Rev. Korankye Ankrah praises Chief Imam