Deputy Communications Minister, George Andah is reported to have been involved in car crash Saturday.
Reports say Mr. Andah’s vehicle collided head-on with another vehicle in the Awutu Senya West Constituency where he represents in Parliament.
Myjoyonline.com understands Mr. Andah, who together with three others, sustained serious injury, have been airlifted to the 37 Military Hospital in Accra for emergency care.
Joy News Central Regional Correspondent, Richard Kwadwo Nyarko reported that, the Deputy Minister was in the constituency to attend a number of social functions most of which were funerals.
On his way from Awutu-Budumburam to one of the communities, his vehicle collided with tipper truck fully loaded with sand in a curve at Awutu-Loye.
The minister, his driver, police guard and an official of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), are in critical condition, the reporter said.
They were transported to the St. Gregory Hospital at Kasoa where a helicopter was called in to airlift the injured to Accra for attention.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Photo of the week: The contradiction on the wall
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, May 24, 2019
- IGP warns police officers against ‘brute acts of indiscipline’
- Mamfe township to welcome 2019 Robofest winners in grand style
- Catholic Church remains ‘alert to security threats’ – Archbishop assures
- Two fallen Ghanaian peacekeepers to be awarded posthumously
- The most bizarre celebrity airport outfits
- The 10 countries everyone should visit
- Pursue development oriented CSR – GNPC Foundation boss to corporate bodies
- IGP commissions Tema Comm 25 police station
- Security guard jailed 6 months for causing harm
- US, Ghana gov’t collaborate to strengthen reading in basic school
- Global Agribusiness players advocate new model for dev't of African agriculture
- Joy News Special: Garbage in, garbage out
- Chereponi: Another person dead in latest clash