Deputy Communications Minister, George Andah is reported to have been involved in car crash Saturday.
Reports say Mr. Andah’s vehicle collided head-on with another vehicle in the Awutu Senya West Constituency where he represents in Parliament.
Myjoyonline.com understands Mr. Andah, who together with three others, sustained serious injury, have been airlifted to the 37 Military Hospital in Accra for emergency care.
Joy News Central Regional Correspondent, Richard Kwadwo Nyarko reported that, the Deputy Minister was in the constituency to attend a number of social functions most of which were funerals.
On his way from Awutu-Budumburam to one of the communities, his vehicle collided with tipper truck fully loaded with sand in a curve at Awutu-Loye.
The minister, his driver, police guard and an official of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), are in critical condition, the reporter said.
They were transported to the St. Gregory Hospital at Kasoa where a helicopter was called in to airlift the injured to Accra for attention.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Students Loan Trust Fund apologizes for delay in disbursement
- ‘Sack Ursula’: MP urges after ‘rude’ letter to BoG Secretary
- Political leaders should live up to their trusts - Peace Council Chair
- Journalist in ¢5m blackmail of ECG MD
- LECIAD sends off Prof. Mensa-Bonsu in style
- TUC pushes for utility tariff reduction
- 20,000 pieces of wax prints impounded for tax evasion
- GES worried over lack of attention for Physical Education
- Contempt of court looms over construction of Madina-Adentan footbridges
- Man’s presumed brain tumor miraculously disappears a day before surgery
- B/A: UNDP, COCOBOD train community resource managers
- Today's front pages
- Coach acquitted and discharged over “fingering” a minor
- Wives United in Prayer Newtwork supports blind coconut seller
- Defunct UT Bank chases Woyome for GH¢9.4m debt