The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ghanadistricts.com is urging metropolitan, municipal and district assemblies to use the website to promote government projects.
Alexander Akwasi Acquah said by creating functional administrative websites for the assemblies, officials can keep the public up to date on all various government programme and policies.
“Websites have recently become the most effective medium of providing citizens with adequate information through text, images and videos and can also boast of its wide reach,” Mr. Acquah stated.
The CEO of the resource base website for all local assemblies in Ghana explained these websites will help showcase the massive developmental projects and programmes of the government.
Speaking at a meeting with eight Regional Deans of the various Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) across the country, he said the websites will also help officials in the assemblies engage easily with their constituents.
The meeting which took place at the Mensvick Hotel in Accra on Tuesday was attended by some government officials including Head of Local Government Service (HLGS), Nana Ato Arthur, National Youth Authority Boss, Emmanuel Asigri and Member of Parliament for Twifo Ati-Mokwa, Dwuma Odoom.
Mr. Acquah noted that the internet and websites have lately proven to be the top platform for communicating and engaging citizens.
He advocated the need for all local assemblies to take a keen interest in owning websites that can help market their achievements to the world.
He assured the group that, the website remains firm and resolute in its bid to partner local assemblies to realize the dream of connecting with their electorates and also bringing all local assembly under one umbrella.
Also, the General Manager (GM) of Ghanadistricts.com, (Rev) Fred Anyasor-Nartey revealed the organization has the intention to create and manage websites for all ten Regional Coordinating Councils (RCCs) to help improve decentralization in the country.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Anas' key partner shot dead
- PHOTOS+VIDEO: Huge fire destroys Odawna Market
- PTA Council laments use of 'inexperienced' NABCo teachers for SHS
- Man secretly marries 3 women, gets them apartments in the same neighborhood
- Mystery of Easter Island's statues finally solved
- Raging fire consumes Nkrumah Circle market
- Political vigilantism: There will be an explosion in 2020 if... - Kofi Boakye
- Mahama-gay activist photo endorsed LGBT rights - NPP equalise over Menzgold
- UNHCR: Sustainably Supporting Refugees in Ghana
- 3 arrested for murdering 14-yr-old for ritual purposes
- Estate manager denies killer of GPHA manager came through gate
- Bosomtwe collapsed bridge hampering economic activities
- Infographic: How Menzgold crumbled to pieces
- Michel Camp explosions: Military will not relocate
- Gov’t advocates for more Forestry Commission resources