Properties belonging to the Glorious Word Ministry were vandalised Wednesday, in reaction to doomsday’s prophesies by the leader of the Church on New Year’s Eve.
Rev. Isaac Owusu Bempah, who is leader and founder of church claimed God revealed to him that former President John Mahama and current Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia would die this year unless they take firm spiritual actions.
He also claimed to have witnessed signs that suggest the Chief Imam, Sheikh Usman Nuhu Sharubutu, could die in this year (2019).
He then urged the Islamic community to pray for their leader.
Photo: Rev Isaac Owusu Bempah
The dark prophesies seem to have piqued some youth and in a viral video (below) – some agitated youth are seen destroying glass windows, billboards and other properties belonging to the popular preacher.
A pastor of the church told Joy News’ Emefa Dzradosi, Wednesday that he is sure the attack was triggered by the doom prophecy about the Chief Imam
Photo: Chief Imam, Osman Nuhu Sharubutu
Rev. Owusu-Bempah, who has a close affiliation with the Presidency is known for predicting doom, an annual ritual many clergymen have condemned as inciting fear and panic among Ghanaians.
Watch the video of the vandalism of his property at Dansoman below.
Meanwhile, the office of the National Chief Imam has called for calm and advised all to desist from any engagement and act that will tarnish the hard-earned image and reputation, particularly on peach and tolerance.
“...the Islamic faith remains restrained and tolerant and shun away every form of chaotic acts as the Islamic tenets does not condone intolerance.
“Islam indeed teaches us that death is inevitable and every soul shall taste death as enshrined in the Holy Quran. Death is not bound by age or any condition of life,” the statement said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Retraction and apology – use of wrong image
- 9 more declared wanted over fatal NDC office shooting
- Kwabenya jailbreak: Taxi driver, barkeeper jailed 17 months
- NSMQ2019: Pope John, Notre Dame set to dominate regional qualifiers
- Scientists confident of GMO rice under trial in Ghana
- Agrifood & Water Technologies to launch in West Africa
- Photos: Tunisia president receives Ghana’s Foreign Affairs Minister
- Photos/Video: Victim of NDC office shooting buried amid tension at Tafo
- I’m a pharmacist not a fire arms dealer – Delali Brempong
- Some videos of Ayawaso by-election violence doctored – Witness
- By-election violence: Masked security men came to check party militia - National Security
- Ghanaian scammers are unemployed, intelligent - EOCO
- Portion of major Kumasi to Accra highway to be closed for repairs
- 3 workers die after electrocution in Kyebi
- Gov’t reviews traffic regulations to improve road transport