Television personality Gifty Anti has launched her first book ‘A Bit of Me’ and sold 420 out of the first 500 copies printed.
The book was launched at the Trinity Baptist Church in Accra on Saturday during the ‘Women called to worship’ event.
The host of the talk show, The StandPoint, and a former news anchor is an inspiration to many women in Ghana and will use the book to among others, tell the untold stories of her.
Founder of the Fountain Gate Chapel, Rev. Eastwood Anaba who was the guest speaker at the event bought the first copy of the book for ¢5,000.
Gifty Anti used the occasion to urge women to defy the challenges of life to achieve their dreams.
“Most of the time people see some of us in the public space and think that it is easy but this book breaks me down to them to let them know that I have travelled this journey, still travelling it, I’ve made mistakes, failed, I have regrets, I’ve had great times and the lessons I’ve learnt from it.
“So that people will know that they are not alone. The squares in front of the book shows my brokenness but behind that is a beautiful picture. So this book goes to tell people that it doesn’t matter what you go through, you just have to know that you are worthy…it is just a phase but if you can look beyond the brokenness you can move on,” she added.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs
- Meet Ramos: The trending, handsome, pop star-looking goat
- Key member of Yaa Ansaa Family fighting Akwamuhene installation pledges support
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks