The Power Distribution Services Ghana (PDS) has been explaining what accounted for power outages in parts of Accra on Tuesday.
According to the Public Relations Officer of PDS, William Boateng, Lapaz, Abeka, Sowutum, Kasoa, Tema, Kwashieman, Odorkor and Awoshie experienced intermittent power supply because “there was a problem from our upstream suppliers.”
Speaking on the Joy FM Super Morning Show [SMS] Wednesday, Boateng said PDS “lost power from our main power supply point located at Malam, this is the entire western part of Accra. “
He added that “we have the bulk supply point at Graphic road that also went off. We also experienced some frequency challenges so some areas had to be taken off,” he told Daniel Dadzie host of the Joy FM SMS.
He, however, could not account for the reason why the bulk supply points lost power. According to him PDS is at the base of the value chain and therefore cannot account for why the bulk supplier did not supply power to the bulk point. “We lost that from their end,” he said.
He has however assured the public that the situation has been stabilized. According to Boateng those who might still be experiencing darkness may be as a result of local faults and not the bulk supply points.
In a related development, Parliament was forced to suspend sitting Wednesday morning after power fluctuations disrupted proceedings. Read more here
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here