An NGO, Friends of the Needy on Easter Sunday, gave a treat to some underprivileged residents of Hwehwe and Ankoma in the Kwahu East district of the Eastern region.
The treat, according to the Founder of the NGO, Maame Efua Akoto, was to show love and care for the poor and vulnerable in the society in line with the spirit of the Easter season.
Hundreds of residents, mostly children and teenage mothers were fed with hot meals and some cold drinks.
In what appeared to be a party mood, the children were full of smiles as they enjoyed their delicacies.
They were also given some drugs and some used cloths.
Maame Efua Akoto, who is a member of the opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP), lamented the increasing spate of teenage motherhood in the Eastern Region.
She told Myjoyonline.com how she felt pampering a-15-year old mother.
She said the annual event has seen the NGO making merry with some underprivileged children, especially in Accra.
She said they decided to go to Kwahu East to show love to the children.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti NSS boss at Manhyia Hospital under care of psychologist – GRNMA
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Node Eight leads digital revolution agenda in the Volta Region
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Jan Binder green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with $6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production