A group of Kente weavers at Adanwomase in the Ashanti region has presented a special Kente cloth to Eleanor Effe Amanor, host of Nhyira FM’s Obra Show.
The specially-woven cloth is named “Mama Effe Ɛhwehwɛ Asomdwoeɛ”, in honour of Eleanor Effe Amanor as she celebrates her 62nd birthday.
Leader of the group, Thomas Boateng, popularly known as Gabby, said the gesture is to appreciate Mama Effe for her positive impact on the lives of people in society.
Several messages have poured in celebrating the life of Mama Effe, affectionately called Asofuonua baa, Mama 1, Sweet Mama, Ghana’s Oprah Winfrey, Lady Amanor, among other accolades.
Mama Effe appreciated the beautiful presentation by Mr. Boateng and his team.
She also expressed gratitude to the CEO of The Multimedia Group, Kwasi Twum and the Chief Operating Officer, Ken Ansah, for the love and well wishes in celebrating her birthday.
“I am grateful to God, Kwasi Twum, Ken Ansah, Gabby and his team for the Kente, staff of the Multimedia Group, Obra crew, and all loved ones who wished me well. I ask for a double portion for each one of you in Jesus name,” expressed Mama Effe.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Edem Agbana commends Adentan and Ring-Road Central Rotaract clubs for their donation to Tadzewu M/A Basic School
- Ashanti Region Super Zonals: OKESS and St. Louis triumph as T.I Ahmadiyya lose top spots
- Fitch Solutions maintains 2.9% growth rate forecast for Ghana 2023
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023