The National Democratic Congress (NDC) constituency Chairman for Nkoranza South has declared war on a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the constituency.

Robert Kainsung alleged that the NPP member sent some men to attack him after a misunderstanding between the two parties in the constituency.

The misunderstanding erupted at a registration centre on Sunday during the Limited Biometric Voter Registration exercise largely due do the eligibility of some registrants.

Robert Kainsung believes that some NPP members in the constituency are trying to exploit the political rivalry by attacking people they have personal issues with.

"The person should get ready for war. I will face him squarely from now on," he vowed on Adom FM's Morning Show, 'Dwaso Nsem', Monday.

He alleged that some of the registrants were also physically assaulted.

"Three of our members were injured so what we did yesterday was a revenge," he said in the local Twi language.

Mr. Kaingsung claimed that a member of the NPP used the confusion as an opportunity to rekindle a personal matter he had with him some time back.

"I am telling that person to get ready for war, I will not mention his name. He gathered some men to attack me yesterday. I survived it because some of my men were around at the time." he asserted in Twi.

He added, "that is just the beginning of the war, he should get ready for me."

But on the same platform, the NPP constituency Chairman of Nkoranza South, Kwame Adu-Gyamfi refuted claims by Mr. Kainsung that the NPP prevented eligible voters from registering.

According to him the NPP members "only tried to prevent some Fulani men from registering."

He alleged that they were a registration centre when some 'macho' men wielding cutlasses and guns stormed the centre and began chasing NPP members.

He said six NPP members were injured and have been admitted to the hospital after the incident.

Mr. Adu-Gyamfi said a report was lodged at the Police station after calm returned to the town.

Meanwhile, the Nkoranza Municipal Police Commander, DSP Joseph Owusu stated on Adom FM confirmed the incident but said none of the parties has since lodged an official complaint.

He, however, noted that the police anticipated the confusion and invited the two chairmen to calm their members down on Saturday.

He indicated that no arrest has been made as the party supporters fled the registration centre after the police arrived.

Kindly find attached audio below.