Novak Djokovic defended his Wimbledon title with a 7-6 (7-1) 6-7 (10-12) 6-4 6-3 win over seven-times champion Roger Federer.
The world number one Djokovic was the dominant force throughout the final despite squandering seven set points in the second set against an opponent who was bidding for a record eighth title at the All England club.
At the age of 33, Federer would have been a hugely popular winner with the Centre Court crowd, but he can have few complaints about being beaten by a better man on the day in the form of Djokovic.
Unlike a year ago when Djokovic edged a five-set final against Federer in London sunshine, this one was all together more cut and dried with Federer never quite coming up with the formula to deter Djokovic from his ultimate goal.
More to follow…
- Don’t fall for the drama; NDC has cut a deal with NPP to pass 2022 budget – Ernesto Yeboah alleges
- Speaker Bagbin is not an MP, but I am – Joseph Osei Owusu defends approval of 2022 budget
- Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget
- Minority Caucus has betrayed Ghanaians again, joined Akufo-Addo’s Kabuki dance – Martin Amidu
- Kaneshie District Court rescinds bench warrant issued against Francis-Xavier Sosu
- 2022 Budget: Why Parliament was suspended for 1 hour on December 1
- Parliament apologises for chaotic scenes in the House
- Approval of 2022 budget: It would’ve been a full-blown conflict if Minority were in the chamber – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Economic Fighters League will contest 2024 elections – Ernesto Yeboah
- Asantehene requests expedited efforts to curb power crises in the Ashanti Region
Covid-19: Don’t kiss strangers under mistletoe – UK Minister
Bawumia donates GHC 50k to SWAG Awards
Pernod Ricard Ghana launches road safety campaign
COVID-19: Ghana detects 34 cases of Omicron variant
MHRA approves Xevudy (sotrovimab), a COVID-19 treatment found to cut hospitalisation and death by 79%
Pan-African Writers Association to launch a book in honour of Rawlings
What are the symptoms of Omicron?
Fourth wave takes off in South Africa
2021 NSMQ Champions, Prempeh College presents trophy to Asantehene
South Africa Covid-19 infections double since Monday
NSMQ2021: Prof. Kaufmann challenges female SHS to be more proactive
Re: Daniel Ofori vs Ecobank and others
12 women in court for using ‘juju’ to stop road construction
9 expert-backed strategies to handle rejection from a guy
Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget