Audio By Carbonatix
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) MP aspirant in Ablekuma North, Nana Akua Afriyie, has pledged to pursue her claim of victory in the constituency’s parliamentary elections with unwavering determination.
Her declaration followed the ongoing controversy surrounding the collation of results in the area.
Speaking at the collation centre in Accra on Wednesday, 8th January 2025, Ms Afriyie emphasised her commitment to ensuring fairness in the electoral process. She assured her supporters that her resolve remained unshaken.
"We have 281 polling stations in Ablekuma North. It was left with 62, and by the grace of God, the truth will stand. I appreciate the justice system allowing us to collate the results, and I am firm in my stance. I want to put it on record that I will fight till the end because I know I won,” she stated confidently.
Ms Afriyie detailed her thorough preparation to substantiate her claims, revealing that she had secured copies of all pink sheets from the polling stations.
“I have all my 281 pink sheets scanned. I ensured this was done promptly, even before the gentleman arrived and disrupted the collation process by tearing materials from the Electoral Commission,” she said.
She also noted that only three polling stations remained for collation and expressed optimism about her standing.
“Gradually, we are left with three polling stations. By the grace of God, I am leading comfortably, and that is where the fear lies,” she remarked, hinting at her opponents' concerns about her apparent lead.
Meanwhile, the Returning Officer for the Ablekuma North Constituency, Vincent Obeng, has announced his withdrawal from the collation process, citing difficulties encountered during the exercise.
In his communication to the Electoral Commission (EC), he requested that another official be appointed to complete the collation.
According to Mr Obeng, results from four out of seven polling stations had already been collated, leaving just three unaccounted for.
His decision has added to the tension in the constituency, as both candidates and their supporters eagerly await the final declaration of results.
Latest Stories
-
GES denies GH¢1,500 Free SHS payment directive, urges parents to ignore viral claim
44 minutes -
The losses were necessary – Manteaw defends GoldBod’s costly push to win Ghana’s gold market
53 minutes -
We are concerned about inflation outlook when it comes to MPC decisions – BoG Governor
1 hour -
GoldBod had to ‘pay more’ to beat Indians, Chinese in Ghana’s gold market – Manteaw
1 hour -
Gov’t pays GH¢10.8bn DDEP Coupon in full and on schedule
1 hour -
GCAA owes GMet over GH¢50m in statutory payments – Director-General
1 hour -
Accra Mall brings families together with back-to-school bonanza
2 hours -
GoldBod’s $1.7bn loss is worth it; forex gains have stabilised Ghana’s economy, Manteaw says
2 hours -
Pastor Mensa Otabil’s mother-in-law to be buried today
2 hours -
GoldBod losses: Why act like Ghana has never lost money on Gold? – Manteaw
2 hours -
Don’t credit GoldBod for Ghana’s macroeconomic stability – Bokpin
3 hours -
US lifts security restrictions on ships from Nigeria after 12 years
3 hours -
Oil edges up on uncertainty over exports through Hormuz
3 hours -
US judge allows Trump to end thousands of Ethiopians’ deportation protections
3 hours -
Liberia agrees to accept up to 1,200 third-country deportees from US
3 hours