Audio By Carbonatix
Deputy Director of the National Service Authority, Lieutenant Colonel Moses Kpeungu, says the investigation is ongoing following complaints from some national service personnel over deductions from their meagre monthly allowances.
The National Service Secretariat says it is investigating deductions from the allowances of national service personnel under the Capacity Building Programme, adding that a decision on refunds will be made after the probe is concluded.
Speaking on JoyNews Desk on Wednesday, July 22, the Deputy Director of the NSS said between 50,000 and 52,000 service personnel were covered under the arrangement, although he could not provide an exact figure.
Responding to concerns about when affected personnel would receive refunds, he said the authority is taking the matter seriously and had already put measures in place to establish the facts.
"The authority is not sitting aloof. We have put in measures to ensure that the right things are done. We are going to investigate the issue, identify those who were involved and those whose monies were deducted," he said.
According to him, any decision to refund the deductions will depend on the investigation's findings.
"If the committee comes out with its findings and the monies have to be paid, why not?" he stated.
The Deputy Director, however, noted that the review would also consider administrative costs associated with the Capacity Building Programme.
"The issue is about those who participated in the capacity-building exercise. Some administrative costs might have gone into it. The authorities, in consultation with the government, will take a decision," he added.
Latest Stories
-
Police arrest 14 suspected narcotic plant farmers at Daliga
6 minutes -
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
2 hours -
Cagliari’s Trepy in intensive care after pool incident
2 hours -
Chelsea co-owners Boehly & Walter explore selling stakes
2 hours -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
2 hours -
Man Utd will reject any bid for Fernandes
2 hours -
Guardiola-Walker fallout revealed in new documentary
2 hours -
NDC’s interest aligns with the Constitution – Srem-Sai defends push for speedy trials
2 hours -
Man City move for £85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez
3 hours -
Rodri lands in Barcelona to complete ‘dream’ move
3 hours -
Being fast doesn’t mean perverting justice – Srem-Sai challenges critics to prove manipulation
3 hours -
Lawyers can’t decide how cases run – Srem-Sai fires back in vacation court row
3 hours -
Aksa case should ordinarily be handled by OSP, not EOCO – Manhyia South MP
4 hours -
Norway’s king admitted to hospital and put on sick leave
4 hours -
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
4 hours