The total number of advertised jobs in selected print and online media in 2022, which partially gauges labour demand in the economy, fell by 5.3% to 32,651, the Bank of Ghana has revealed.
This is against 34,484 recorded during 2021.
But the number of jobs advertised increased in December 2022 relative to a year ago.
According to the Bank of Ghana, 3,277 job adverts were recorded as compared with 2,588 for the same period in 2021, an increase of 26.6% year-on-year.
On a month-on-month basis, the number of job vacancies in December 2022 went up by 17.9% from the 2,779 jobs advertised in November 2022.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023