Audio By Carbonatix
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed between the Ministry of Health and the University of Ghana, Legon to award diploma to nurses after their training.
The MOU was signed by Professor Albert George Amoah, Provost, College of Health Sciences and Mr. A .T Konu, Registrar, for the University and Dr. Gladys Norley Ashittey, Deputy Minister of Health and the Lepowura Alhaji M.N. Jawula, Chief Director, MOH.
The agreement marked the end of a long struggle over the accreditation and award of diploma of the MOH's Nursing Trainings.
Dr. Norley Ashittey explained that an agreement had finally been reached to allow the University to give top-ups to the qualified back-log of six batches of the over 3,000 Nursing students and further award them diploma certificates to boost their confidence in practicing the profession.
She gave the assurance that the MOH was doing all it could to ensure quality training of health professionals in the country.
She thanked the University for its co-operation and said the Ministry would make sure that the requisite infrastructure were provided for all the Nursing Training institutions in the country.
Prof. Amoah indicated that the top-up programme had already started and the process would continue till all the students received their full diploma certificates.
Alhaji Jawula cautioned the nurses not to leave the country for greener pastures but to exhibit high sense of devotion and loyalty to the county.
He said the issue of bonding would now seriously be applied as a check to the issue of brain drain of health professionals to other countries.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Jinapor appeals for calm after nationwide power outage, says Akosombo works will be completed next month
3 minutes -
BoG Governor rules out immediate cut in Ghana’s inflation target
10 minutes -
All 23 banks now fully capitalised – BoG Governor
12 minutes -
Supreme Court to rule Friday on challenge to Chief Justice’s legal vacation directives
15 minutes -
Fibre repairs drain millions Ghana needs for digital expansion
16 minutes -
Sunyani–Atronie–Acherensua road project reaches 33% completion
20 minutes -
Know what you bring, know your partner first
20 minutes -
Kumasi businessman and Kessben Group CEO Stephen Kessben dies at 68
22 minutes -
Ghanaian defender David Oduro set to leave Barcelona for Aston Villa
28 minutes -
Parah Foundation commissions GH¢60,000 water project for over 300 families in Adeiso-Domeabra
36 minutes -
IES calls for urgent GRIDCo assessment after third nationwide blackout in three weeks
37 minutes -
Absa Prestige Banking team equips Buzstop Boys to support community clean-up work
41 minutes -
Digital engines of growth: The role and impact of ICT on SMEs in Ghana
45 minutes -
Absa supports €456m financing for Genser Energy’s next phase of growth
45 minutes -
Gold cannot save you at 2 am – GMTF challenges mining firms to invest in healthcare
52 minutes