Audio By Carbonatix
Olympic organisers have apologised to the North Korean women's football team after their images were shown on a screen beside a South Korean flag.
Kick-off at Glasgow's Hampden Park on the first day of the Games' sporting action was delayed for about an hour.
The men's football competition gets under way with eight games later, including Britain v Senegal at Old Trafford at 20:00 BST (19:00 GMT).
The penultimate day of the torch relay sees the flame visit Buckingham Palace.
'Very upset'
The BBC's sports editor David Bond said the flag mix-up at Hampden Park had been an "embarrassing mistake" and not the start Games organisers would have wanted, but "no great harm was done".
As the North Korean players were being introduced before the match against Colombia, South Korean flags were mistakenly displayed in the video package.
The squad walked off and could only be persuaded to return when the teams were announced again with each player's face displayed next to the North Korean flag.
Relations between the two Koreas are tense - they remain technically at war following the 1950-53 Korean conflict, which ended in an armistice.
Speaking after the match, North Korea's coach Sin Ui Gun said: "Our team was not going to participate unless the problem was solved properly...
"Unfortunately it took some time later for the broadcast to be done again properly and we made the decision to go on with the match."
In other Olympics news:
In the first event of the Games, Britain's women footballers beat New Zealand 1-0 at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. This was one of six women's football matches played on Wednesday.
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the torch relay in Tottenham, north London, on Wednesday. On the torch relay's penultimate outing - day 69, which can be followed live here - the flame will pass through Downing Street and be greeted at Buckingham Palace by Princes William and Harry, and the Duchess of Cambridge.
A global investment conference being held in London on Thursday will kick off a series of business summits intended to showcase the UK and attract investment during the Games.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Hanan Abdul-Hamid cannot be forced to face trial without lawyer — Dame
7 minutes -
MTTD to make Accra model city for safe riding – ACP Dr Samuel Sasu Mensah
7 minutes -
NPP Upper West eyes 2028 comeback; dismisses vote-buying allegations in regional executive elections
13 minutes -
Minaata Moomin defeats Nancy Dery in NPP Upper West Regional Women’s Organiser election
16 minutes -
Constituency Games will take Mahama’s ‘Reset Ghana sports agenda’ to every community – Samson Deen
16 minutes -
Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov praises Kwame Nkrumah’s legacy during meeting with Ablakwa
17 minutes -
Bleoo 2G alumni hand over Beatrice Lokko Memorial Eco Park
19 minutes -
‘I will not be available’ – Godfred Dame rejects vacation hearing in Hanan trial
20 minutes -
27-year-old spiritualist arrested over alleged attempt to use 11-year-old girl for ritual
34 minutes -
Galamsey could trigger major health crisis within five years — Medical experts warn
47 minutes -
Defending champions SUSEC, Twene Amanfo SHTS secure Bono Zone 2 spots in 2026 NPSC
59 minutes -
ICU-Ghana General Secretary Morgan Ayawine named Africa’s Most Respected CEO in Labour Leadership
1 hour -
GTEC directs VCs, other senior university managers to stay off administrators’ strike
1 hour -
Chief arrested for allegedly engaging in illegal mining in Tano North
1 hour -
Fighting fires, fighting for breath: The hidden health toll on Ghana’s firefighters – and the support that still falls short
1 hour