Outgoing Peace Council Chair, Most Rev Professor Emmanuel Asante has cautioned political activists to promote peace in the lead-up to December elections.
He said, “All your manifestoes and promises will come to not in the absence of peace”.
He was speaking on the topic, “Security ahead of December elections, the role of the church” on Joy FM’s Christian infotainment program, “A Walk with Jesus” on Sunday.
Most Rev Asante added, “I think the Church must seriously pray about what is happening in the country while we teach people and ask them to be careful, not to do anything that will promote violence.”
His comments follow among other things, the recent killing of a senior NIA officer who was shot dead after gunmen attacked a National Peace Council delegation at a district in the Northern Region.
The Outgoing Peace Council Chair wants Ghanaians to grow the culture of peace.
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: PRESEC beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon PRESEC, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Prince Philip’s cause of death has been confirmed
Child shoots three at school, police say
Ban on drumming and noise-making in Accra commences May 10, ends June 10
GNAT asked to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers
Domestic fires continues to dominate in Upper East Region
Bono Region vaccinates 11,574 people against Covid-19
Parts of Tetteh Quarshie-Madina-Adentan stretch to be temporarily closed
Tristan Thompson takes legal action over Instagram model’s claims
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells media
Scrap Appearance Fee and Winning Bonus of Black Stars – Kofi Asafo Adjei
Passing wages and salary policy will curb businesses paying ‘slave salaries’ – Kofi Amoah
All activities in rosewood trade in Ghana are illegal – Inusah Fuseini
CIB begins campaign on new banking code of ethics
I’m working on banning unregistered motorbikes from operating as part of measures to fix Nhyiaeso – MP
We’ll pass on rising cost of fuel, new taxes to consumers – GUTA