Audio By Carbonatix
Over 300 workers of the Aviation Handling Service Ghana, have been sent home in a redundancy exercise due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
A letter titled: “Notice of Redundancy,” dated March 4, 2021, and signed by Thierry Maillot, the Managing Director to the affected staff, made available to the Ghana News Agency at Tema, gave the staff only one month’s notification.
The letter stated: “your employment contract shall be terminated through redundancy. We are hereby serving you with one month notice effective 5th March, 2021”.
The letter explained that the action was due to the negative impact of Covid-19 on its operations and the Aviation Industry as a whole.
The letter stressed that the Management of Aviation Handling Service Ghana had to embark on the redundancy exercise effective April 6, 2021, to cut down on its workforce for its continuous existence.
It said: “The negotiated redundancy package is two month basic salary for each year of service,” it noted, adding that the said amount would be paid in two equal instalments on the effective date of the redundancy exercise.
“During the last week of the notice period, you will be expected to hand over all company properties in your care to the Human Resources office.
“We thank you for your valuable services to Aviation Handling Service-Ghana over the years and we wish you well in your future endeavours”.
Latest Stories
-
Concerned Drivers Association threaten 20% fare increment over VIP price hikes
2 minutes -
Why Andre Dede Ayew deserves a place in Ghana’s 2026 World Cup squad
5 minutes -
Lebanon says 21 killed, including children, in Israeli air strikes
5 minutes -
GCB Bank reaffirms commitment to Ghana’s infrastructure development under “Big Push” agenda
10 minutes -
NPP cries foul over last-minute court transfer in Abronye bail application
12 minutes -
Producer inflation rises to 2.7% in April 2026
13 minutes -
Ghana’s youth takeover JoyNews national dialogue to share perspectives on climate change this Thursday
15 minutes -
GNFS prevents possible fuel tanker explosion on Fume–Biakpa stretch
18 minutes -
More die of suspected Ebola as WHO warns that numbers will rise further
19 minutes -
ORAL is on track and will succeed — Dominic Ayine insists
23 minutes -
Missing toddler found dead in bush after five-day search in Assin North
28 minutes -
Government to hold minority stake in proposed national airline — Transport Minister
35 minutes -
Works on Sataso bridge resume in Mampong
41 minutes -
Minority exaggerating claims of suppressed free speech — Attorney-General, Dominic Ayine
47 minutes -
Dominic Ayine dismisses NPP threats, says gov’t will protect freedoms
55 minutes