A request for MPs to work on a weekend was met with stiff opposition especially from minority MPs.
The business committee of Parliament proposed that MPs sit on Saturday 29th September to make up for lost days because of a pending public holiday.
But minority MPs accuse majority side of employing all necessary means to ensure the controversial CI 78 matures into law in good time.
The MPs who appear tired of reporting to the House and doing virtually no work say they would rather spend their time productively by campaigning.
The NDC MPs maintained the weekend slot is necessary for the maturation of not just the CI 78 but another CI that will give legal backing to the organization of the 2012 elections.
“Mr Speaker right now we sit on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays.
Mr Speaker, that is stretching our benignity beyond tolerable limits, “Hckman Owusu Agyemang,” MP for New Juabeng said.
The House, by Majority decision has however resolved to sit on Saturday September 29.
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
Worawora Government Hospital calls for more blood donors
Thousands of Covid vaccines expire in South Sudan
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor
Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
‘Let’s not lose our guard on Covid-19’ – NCCE cautions public
NDC party was formed to give voice to the voiceless-Antwi Boasiako
Ghana claims 88 percent of 2020 WASSCE 8As
We want to model Ghanaian youth to become good citizens – ISGF Africa Chairman
Court reveals 13 factors behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
Message from the Morning Man: Sandbags
Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
Kwasi Korang: NPP leadership should be bold and stop the Bawumia camp from campaigning
Bawumia is a gem – Ama Busia