Peter Dinklage is none too pleased with Disney’s upcoming “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” remake, which he accused of being insensitive to dwarves.
The “Game of Thrones” star dropped the bombshell while promoting his movie “Cyrano” on Marc Maron’s “WTF” podcast, Entertainment Weekly reported.
“I’m just like, what are you doing?” the 52-year-old Emmy winner told Maron of the reboot, which will star “West Side Story” actress Rachel Zegler, who recently called herself a “white Latina,” as Snow White.
Dinklage, who has achondroplasia, a type of dwarfism that results in him being 4 feet 5, found the movie especially hypocritical as they were “very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White.”
“You’re progressive in one way, but then you’re still making that f–king backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the f–k are you doing, man?” the “Station Agent” actor spluttered. “Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me.”
“Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox?” continued Dinklage, who has frequently railed against dwarf stereotypes in Hollywood movies. “I guess I’m not loud enough.”
In fact, the thespian said the only way he’d be hunky-dory with the “Snow White” reboot is if the creators put “the most f–ked up, cool, or progressive spin on it.”
Currently, the Disney showrunners have yet to disclose the plot details — including how the dwarves will be portrayed — in the fantasy flick, which is slated to start production this summer, EW reported.
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
- Lands Commission flood: Your land documents are intact – Deputy Lands Minister assures
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- Man arrested for trying to cut off taxi driver’s genitals
- Ghanaians are oblivious of dangers of terrorism – Dr. Vladimir Antwi-Danso
Premier League approves Chelsea takeover deal by Todd Boehly consortium
Don’t be local champions — Camidoh advises artistes
Memorial lecture to be held in honour of Kojo Bentsi-Enchill Letsa
South Africans in shock over death of ‘Rhythm City’ actor Jamie Bartlett
Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
I want to marry urgently — Actress Eucharia Anunobi
Lands Minister, Forestry Commission must appear before Parliament over Achimota Forest controversy – Alhassan Suhuyini
Francis Amuzu reveals why he would play for Belgium ahead of Ghana
OccupyGhana commends Land Minister but demands commission of inquiry into Achimota Forest lands controversy
Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
Special Prosecutor charges failed Juaben MCE nominee with 26 counts of corruption
Lack of law enforcement to blame for poor planning, land use by local assemblies – Legal Practitioner
Mayor of New York to support Ghana’s tourism drive
Actor Jamie Bartlett dies aged 55
Adwoa Safo expected to appear before Privileges Committee on May 27