Phoebe Dynevor has confirmed that Daphne Bridgerton will not appear in Season 3 of Netflix’s “Bridgerton.”
“I’m just excited to watch as a viewer,” Dynevor told Screen Rant on Saturday, after confirming her character was “sadly not in season 3.”
The door isn’t completely shut, though, with Dynevor also revealing that viewers may see Daphne again “in the future.”
CNN has reached out to Dynevor’s representatives and Netflix for further comment.
The saucy Shonda Rhimes-produced series debuted in 2020 and is based on Julia Quinn’s widely popular Regency-era book series.
“Working with someone like Shonda, who’s sort of pushing boundaries and doing exciting things, I just felt very safe and comfortable knowing that it was under her scope,” Dynevor told Harper’s Bazaar in 2021.
Dynevor starred in the first season of “Bridgerton” alongside Regé-Jean Page, who played the swoon-worthy Duke of Hastings, Simon Basset.
Season 1 followed Daphne and Simon’s romance, and while Page did not return for the second season, Dynevor appeared in a smaller role in that season as the story centered around Daphne’s brother Anthony Bridgerton’s (Jonathan Bailey) own search for love.
Season 3 will focus on breakout star Nicola Coughlan’s role as Penelope Featherington and her romance with Colin Bridgerton (Luke Newton).
A premiere date for Season 3 of “Bridgerton” has yet to be officially confirmed.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q Preview: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform