A 45 year-old physically challenged man, Samuel Kofi Teye, was on Friday sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for defiling a 12 year-old girl.
He pleaded guilty to a charge of defilement when he appeared before a Tarkwa circuit court, presided over by Mr. Samuel Obeng Diawuo.
Prosecuting Chief Inspector Florence Tawiah told the court that the victim and the father, who is a farmer, lives in the same vicinity with Teye at Wassa Akokonima, in the Western region.
On April 4, 2014, at about 1600 hours, Teye sent his son to invite the victim to his (Teye’s) farm, to carry some plantain he had harvested for the victim’s sister who had travelled from Accra to the village.
The victim agreed and went to the farm and he asked her to sit on a piece of wood and wait for him.
Inspector Tawiah said Teye later called the victim to pick up the harvested plantains and arrange them properly; and in the process, Teye pushed the victim to the ground and sexually assaulted her on the farm.
The victim went home and narrated the incident to her father who also reported the matter to the Wassa Akropong Police, where a medical form was issued to her to seek medical attention.
The accused person went into hiding after committing the crime but was apprehended on May 12.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital