JoyNews in its latest feature on education dubbed “Ghana’s school of Shame” highlighted some education infrastructure challenges in three districts of the country.
In the feature, some challenges students have to go through to be educated in some parts of the country were also brought to the limelight.
The Krachi Nchumuru District, for example, has 68 public basic schools. About 45 per cent of the schools are in terrible shape. Over 7,000 children have no furniture.
The situation is not different in the Kpandai District where many of the children lie on the bare floor to take lessons and examinations. In some cases, the students did not have textbooks.
But the documentary did not seem to go down well with the Education Minister, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum.
In this regard, JoyNews’ PM Express will seek to find ways to address these challenges in the schools.
Guests for tonight’s discussion are the National President of Ghana National Association of Teachers, Rev Isaac Owusu; JoyNews Features Editor, Joojo Cobbinah; President of Ghana Publishing Association, Asare Konadu Yamoah and National Programmes Manager of Ghana National Education Campaign Coalition (GNECC), Festus Longmatey.
Join the discussion:
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents