JoyNews in its latest feature on education dubbed “Ghana’s school of Shame” highlighted some education infrastructure challenges in three districts of the country.
In the feature, some challenges students have to go through to be educated in some parts of the country were also brought to the limelight.
The Krachi Nchumuru District, for example, has 68 public basic schools. About 45 per cent of the schools are in terrible shape. Over 7,000 children have no furniture.
The situation is not different in the Kpandai District where many of the children lie on the bare floor to take lessons and examinations. In some cases, the students did not have textbooks.
But the documentary did not seem to go down well with the Education Minister, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum.
In this regard, JoyNews’ PM Express will seek to find ways to address these challenges in the schools.
Guests for tonight’s discussion are the National President of Ghana National Association of Teachers, Rev Isaac Owusu; JoyNews Features Editor, Joojo Cobbinah; President of Ghana Publishing Association, Asare Konadu Yamoah and National Programmes Manager of Ghana National Education Campaign Coalition (GNECC), Festus Longmatey.
Join the discussion:
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display