Audio By Carbonatix
A judge in Rome has accepted a plea bargain request by former Juventus executives, including ex-chairman Andrea Agnelli, to settle a false accounting case relating to their time with the Italian club.
The agreed prison sentences of 20 months for Agnelli, 18 months for ex-sporting director Fabio Paratici and 14 months for former vice-chairman Pavel Nedved have been suspended and will not be served.
Under Italian law, plea bargaining does not involve an admission of guilt. The former executives and Juventus, who are listed on the Milan stock exchange, have denied wrongdoing.
Juventus have also been fined 156,000 euros (£136,000) by the judge.
Prosecutors launched an investigation in 2021, looking at whether the club received illegal commissions from player transfers and loans, and whether investors had been misled.
Monday's decision marks the conclusion of the case.
The club said: "The plea agreement does not entail any admission or recognition of liability."
Juventus stressed "the correctness of its conduct and the soundness of its defensive arguments" and said it had "deemed it appropriate" to make a plea bargain "in the best interest of the company itself, its shareholders and all stakeholders".
The club also reached a settlement with investors.
Former chief executive Maurizio Arrivabene was cleared of any wrongdoing.
Juventus were deducted 10 Serie A points in May 2023 following an investigation into the club's transfer dealings.
Former Czech Republic midfielder Nedved played for Juventus between 2001 and 2009, winning the Ballon d'Or in 2003.
Paratici joined Tottenham Hotspur in 2021 as managing director of football, but he left the Premier League club in 2023 after an appeal against a two-and-a-half-year Fifa ban for alleged financial irregularities dating back to his spell at Juventus was rejected by Italy's highest sports court.
His suspension expired in July.
Latest Stories
-
Michael Tetteh Kwetey to contest NDC Greater Accra Regional Chairmanship
25 minutes -
Mahama disappointed by US opposition to UN slavery resolution
36 minutes -
Chamber of Mines commends government for breakthrough in Adamus Resources dispute
56 minutes -
CMC launches 24-hour cocoa operations
58 minutes -
Construction work on Winneba-Accra Highway poses challenges for commuters
1 hour -
Audit irregularities surged in 2024 as GACC flags weak financial controls
2 hours -
World Rugby chair Brett Robinson and Rugby Africa president Herbert Mensah to visit Zimbabwe as Sables prepare for Rugby World Cup
2 hours -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair: Day 2 opens today with bigger homeownership opportunities
3 hours -
‘Africa’s prosperity is not a threat to anybody’ — Mahama
3 hours -
When the Belly Begins to Speak: The Beautiful Mystery of Pregnancy’s Dark Mark
4 hours -
‘The Big Push is pushing’ – Upper West MPs hail contractors delivering in the region
4 hours -
Government sets up team to negotiate VALCO strategic partnership
4 hours -
Ghana clears upstream disputes as $3.5bn investment pipeline takes shape
5 hours -
Land dispute turns deadly as man is allegedly stabbed with scissors at Achiase
5 hours -
Muntaka orders police to crush vigilantism, unauthorised ‘self-defence’ groups
5 hours