A budding musician, Ikna, has explained that he doesn’t care about eating but rather cares about getting funds to churn out more music, even though he struggles to get money to feed.
In an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, the rapper says he would use the little he has to promote his craft rather going to buy anything fancy to eat.
“I don’t think about food. I just buy something little to eat and use the rest of the money for promotion because I know what I can do.”
The teacher-turned-musician added that although he doesn’t prioritize food, he loves to eat whenever he gets the chance, especially at school.
“At school, I’m called ‘Teacher Foodie’ because when I go there, I try to eat all the food. I don’t pretend to be hungry.
“Sometimes, I go there to eat, then save the little money I have on me for gari, then use the rest of the money for promotion.”
He described how he does his grocery shopping in his area of residence.
“Every Tuesday is market day at Kasoa. Therefore I use the opportunity to buy gari, sugar, then one milk powder and I will be okay with that.”
The up-and-coming artiste also added that if it is entertainment he will but for food, he doesn’t care.
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House