Police personnel at the Dzodze District Police Station escaped death on Monday when a 33-seater Mercedes Benz Bus crashed into their offices at Dzodze.
Big flower vases and the flag post in front of the one-storey block acted as shields preventing the bus from crashing directly into the office building.
Mr. Joseph Antwi Gyawu, Superintendent in-charge of the district told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that, at around 1415 hours, the bus, travelling from Ho to Aflao veered off the road, while attempting to overtake another vehicle crashing into the police station.
He said the bus burst one of its front tyres on impact with the flower vases, hit and crushed the flag post as well as the staircase leading to the upper storey of the building.
Mr. Gyawu said 16 people were injured, six of them seriously.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Jan Binder green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with 6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production
- EOCO recovers over ¢27m crime monies in 10 months
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia