Audio By Carbonatix
Police smashed a car window to save what they thought was a baby on a hot day - only to discover it was a doll.
Five-year-old Chanel Cristofis had left the lifelike Reborn doll in her dad's car when he dropped her off at school.
He then parked his car and went to work at the fish and chip shop he owns in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, reports Metro.
A passer-by reported seeing a baby left in a car, and officers broke into the vehicle, causing ÂŁ200 damage, fearing the 'baby' could die in the heat.
Chanel's dad Anastasi, 37, said: "I couldn't believe it when the police turned up holding the doll and told me what had happened. The officer told me not to leave it in the car again."
Chanel's mum Victoria, 25, had bought the realistic ÂŁ100 Reborn doll, named Sam, for Chanel's birthday in June.
"I can see why the police did it. If it had been real, everyone would be thanking them," she said.
"I can't separate Chanel from Sam but I am a bit worried about what's going to happen next. She's only had her a month and already the police have been involved."
Sgt Robert Holmes said: "The call was made in good faith. Drivers need to think about what they leave on view in their cars."
Source: orange.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours