The President, Professor John Evans Atta Mills, on Thursday inaugurated a GH¢714,103 small town water project at Maame Krobo in the Kwahu North District (Afram Plains) in the Eastern Region.
The facility will supply 40,000 gallons of water to 10,163 residents of Maame Krobo and its environs.
The project, which consists of three mechanised boreholes, a huge reservoir and 18 stand pipes, was financed by the Government of Ghana and the Danish International Development Agency (DANlDA).
In an address at the inauguration ceremony, President Mills expressed optimism that the completion of the project would not only supply potable water to the people, but also help prevent various water borne diseases in the area.
He said the government was committed to providing social interventions such as potable water supply for the people, especially rural dwellers, to enhance their standard of living.
The Pitikuhene, Nana Danso Ababio II, thanked the government for the early completion of the project which, according to him, would address the acute water shortage facing the people.
He, however, expressed worry over the lack of a Police station in the area; a situation which he said had contributed to rampant armed robbery.
He therefore, called on the government to help put up a Police station in the town to curb criminal activities.
Nana Ababio also appealed to the government to connect the town and its catchment areas to the national electricity grid to boost economic activities.
Source: Daily Graphic
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson