Audio By Carbonatix
Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge have returned to the UK from their 10-day honeymoon in the Seychelles, St James's Palace has said.
Royal officials had earlier declined to confirm where the couple were staying though media speculation had focussed on the Indian Ocean archipelago.
The palace said couple had "thoroughly enjoyed their time together."
They thanked the Seychelles government for helping to make "the honeymoon such a memorable and special 10 days".
The couple left for their honeymoon a few days after they were married on 29 April at Westminster Abbey, an event watched by millions around the world.
The duke briefly returned to his job as an RAF search and rescue helicopter pilot on Anglesey before the couple left for the exclusive North Island resort in the Seychelles.
A Seychelles government statement said that the east African nation was honoured to have hosted the couple for a peaceful and private holiday.
The Seychelles coastguard helped protect the couple's privacy as they stayed on North Island, the report added.
On their last day the royal couple invited the coastguard ashore to personally thank them for their efforts.
"They left happy and clearly content with their stay," the head of the Seychelles tourism board, Alain St Ange, who saw the couple leave on Friday, told Associated Press.
British High Commissioner Patrick Pillay said: "In a world of so much turmoil they bring a welcome and much needed breath of fresh air with their warmth and humility."
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours