The membership of the Public Interest and Accountability Committee (PIAC), the statutory body with oversight responsibility for the management and use of the country’s petroleum revenues, has been reconstituted following the expiration of the tenure of some members.
Nana Yaa Ansua, the Paramount Queen Mother of the Drobo Traditional Area, has replaced Hajia Dr Kansawurche Azara Bukari as the representative of the Queen Mothers Association of Ghana, while Freda Stephanie Frimpong has replaced Mary Karimu, who represented the Trades Union Congress (TUC) on PIAC. Emerita Professor Elizabeth Ardayfio-Schandorf has been reappointed by the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS).
These members have since been sworn into office by the Chairman of the Committee, Professor Kwame Adom-Frimpong, upon the authorisation of the Minister for Finance for a 2- year term, in accordance with the Petroleum Revenue Management Act, 2011 (Act 815).
In a meeting held on Thursday 6th October, 2022, the reconstituted Committee elected Professor Kwame Adom-Frimpong, representative of the Institute of Chartered Accounts, Ghana, (ICAG) and Nasir Alfa Mohammed, representative of the Ghana Bar Association as Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively for a one-year term after the expiration of their tenure in September 2022.
Accepting his re-election, Prof. Adom-Frimpong expressed gratitude to the Committee for the confidence reposed in him and pledged his commitment to the service of PIAC and the citizenry.
Prof. Adom-Frimpong is currently the Managing Director of Mainstream Reinsurance Company. He previously worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers as Audit Supervisor, SSNIT as Head of Audit, and at ABC Brewery Company as Senior Cost and Management Accountant.
He is a graduate of the University of Wales, Bangor, UK (MBA), University of London (LLB) and De Montfort, Leicester, U.K (LLM). He obtained a Doctorate degree in Business Administration (DBA-Finance option) from the Faculty of Professional Studies, Arcadia University, USA, in 2001 and again had PhD in Economics Finance from the same University in 2004.
Prof. Adom Frimpong is a Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana, and a past President of the ICAG (2018- 2020). He is a Fellow of both the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB) and Chartered Insurance Institute of Ghana (FCIIG). He is also a Barrister-at-Law, and a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
Nasir Alfa Mohammed is a Lawyer, Consultant and a Policy Analyst in the areas of energy and extractive resource governance (Oil, Gas & Mining). He is currently a Senior Associate Consultant at Ali-Nakyea & Associates, a private law firm in Accra, where he heads the Extractive Unit, providing legal opinions and consulting services to oil, gas and mining companies.
Prior to Ali-Nakyea, Nasir worked as Associate Legal Practitioner at Atuguba & Associates, a private law firm with the LADA Group of Companies in Accra. On the policy front, Nasir previously worked in senior management positions with the Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) and later as Ghana Policy Advocacy Officer with the Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI).
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- Women have been misled about menopause
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Bono East Region has 10 factories under 1D1F – Alan Kyeremanten
- Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped
- BBC News channel announces new presenter line-up for revamp
- Kwame Dadzie: Why are Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, others now quiet on GHAMRO matters?
- Mechanics being ejected from Boadi Junction lament high towing fee charged by Assembly
- US black history syllabus changed after Florida ‘woke’ claims
- How to let your personal values lead when looking for love
- New approach to textbook procurement caused delay – Education Minister concedes
- ‘I reach a wider audience when my interviews are done in the Twi language’ – ZionFelix
- GoldFields, Kosmos dispute tax bills imposed by GRA
- PAC laments forgery, willful backdating of receipts by some state institutions
- King Charles will not appear on new Australia $5 note
- “It should not take IMF to direct government not to borrow from BoG” – IEA Research Director
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Joy Entertainment Unpacking: FIPAG President’s apology letter on behalf of Yaw Dabo