Director of the Institute of Health Research and Coordinator of the Centre for Health Policy and Implementation Research at the University of Health and Allied Sciences, Prof Margaret Gyapong, has been appointed the new chair of TDR’s Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee (STAC).
The new chair is replacing Professor Charles Mgone from January 2023, said a release from TDR.
Prof Gyapong accepting the role said, “I am humbled at this opportunity to Chair STAC.”
She added that “Having benefited from several training and research grants and being recognised several times by TDR, I see this as an opportunity to serve. I look forward to working with the team to ensure that we work together to achieve the objectives set out in the new TDR strategy.”
A medical anthropologist by training, Professor Gyapong is currently Director of the Institute of Health Research and Coordinator of the Centre for Health Policy and Implementation Research at the University of Health and Allied Sciences in Ghana.
The Centre was designated as a TDR Satellite Training Centre for Implementation Research in 2018 under her leadership.
Professor Gyapong has had a longstanding relationship with TDR since 1992. She previously served as Vice-Chair of TDR’s Scientific Advisory Committee on Integrated Community-Based Interventions (2008-2010), co-Chair of TDR’s Technical Review Group on Social Science and Gender and member of the MIM/TDR Taskforce on Malaria Research Capability Strengthening in Africa (2003-2010).
Professor Gyapong has also been a member of the Partnership for Social Science in Infectious Diseases of Poverty, the WHO Steering Committee on Implementation Research (2011-2015) and the Steering Group for the WHO/GMP Global Technical Strategy on Malaria (2010–2013), as well as Chair of the WHO Lymphatic Filariasis Guidelines Development Group (2017).
She is a member of WHO’s Scientific and Technical Advisory Group on Neglected Tropical Diseases (STAG-NTD) and the WHO/AFRO Advisory Committee on Health Research and Development.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023