Injured Ghana goalkeeper, Jojo Wollacott, who has not been named in Otto Addo’s 26-man squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, will join the team’s camp ahead of Ghana’s opening group game against Portugal.
According to the Ghana football Association, Wollacott is flying to Doha to ‘motivate’ his teammates ahead of the Portugal game.
The Charlton Athletic shot-stopper was influential in qualifying but a late injury has denied him the opportunity to play in his first World Cup for the Black Stars.
He is expected to arrive in Doha on Tuesday November 22, 2022.
Ghana take on Portugal on Thursday November 24, 2022 at 16:00GMT.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid
- We need to join forces in fighting deforestation in Ghana – German Ambassador urges government
- Photos from burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame
- Karpowership and TTU give Subri River Reserve life with tree planting exercise
- SDGs Advisory Unit partners with Forestry Commission to plant 1000 seedlings
- Sudan rivals agree 24-hour truce, Saudi Arabia says
- Burkina Faso offers bounty for 20 ‘wanted terrorists’
- Boy, 14, hired to animate Spider-Man film
- OSP’s invite should extend to current IMCIM members – Dr Ken Ashigbey
- I wish Ghana could be like Germany – Prof Frimpong-Boateng on Green Ghana project
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%