Dr Vanessa Aseye Mensah-Kabu has been unveiled as the new icon for Quality Insurance Company (QIC)’s ‘Go Girl’ Motor Insurance Policy.
She becomes the third personality to take on the role after Obuobia Darko-Opoku, former Deputy CEO of Free-Zone Authority and Mamavi Owusu Aboagye of Joy FM.
The ‘Go Girl’ Policy, borne out of QIC’s flagship policy, ‘Kingly Queenly’ Comprehensive Motor Insurance, is exclusively for women offering unique benefits including a courtesy car in the event of an accident, a renewal process at the DVLA Prestige Center and Total Petroleum Service Stations, at no cost.
Dr Mensah-Kabu is expected to work to drive the policy to reach the untapped female market while leveraging her social media following and role as a medical practitioner to engage women about their health.
During her unveiling in Accra on Thursday, the Head of Operations of QIC, Cecil Ribeiro, said the ‘Go Girl’ Icon is a platform that offers additional benefits to women on the policy.
“We had to find a way of making it more interesting for women to come on board. We want to make this a movement and not just QIC selling a product for women,” he said.
Mr Ribeiro also added that the company has in the past three years through the ‘Go Girl’ Icon held networking sessions for women with aim of making them better.
“It is all about creating the platform for women where it is not only about their insurance, we have brought Vanessa on as a doctor to discuss things that concern women, their health and wellness she has the right social media following which we want to leverage on,” he added.
Dr Mensah-Kabu also expressed her appreciation to QIC for the opportunity to engage women on their health.
“We will be talking about women’s health so whatever your questions are regarding the health needs of women we will discuss it.
“Social media is a platform that has professional women on board so that platform is to drive and create awareness for our target women to hop on the policy,” she said.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges