Former President Rawlings last Tuesday promised fishermen in the Mfantseman West constituency in the Central Region that an NDC Government led by Prof. John Atta Mills will provide the needed support to make the fishing industry vibrant.
Rawlings addressed two fishing communities, Ankaful and Anomabo on his way to a ten-day campaign tour of the Northern Region. He earlier on made a stopover at Mankessim roundabout where jubilant residents mobbed and interacted with him.
The former President also paid a courtesy call on Nana Ntsiful Nana Ntsiful V, Ankaful chief at his palace where he made a presentation of traditional drinks to the chiefs and elders.
The former president was accompanied by Real Admiral Owusu-Ansah, a former Chief of Naval Staff, Mr. Kofi Adams, Deputy National Youth Organizer of the NDC, Mr. Ekwow Spio Garbrah, former Minster of Education and Hon. George Kuntu-Blankson, MP for Mfantseman East constituency.
Welcoming the former president and his entourage, the chief and his elders requested an NDC government to provide the basic needs of the town.
At Anomabo former President Rawlings paid another courtesy call on the chief Okantamanto Amonu XI.
Addressing a rally at Anomabo Post Office the former president urged the residents to vote NPP out of power. He said they should not repeat the mistake they made in 2004 to retain NPP in power, a decision he said has brought untold hardships on them.
He noted that when NDC was in power the price of premix fuel, which fishermen use to fuel their outboard motors to go fishing, was affordable but today fisherman cannot buy fuel to enable them carry on their fishing activities.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- GJA pledges continuous support for photojournalists
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Joe Ghartey picks NPP presidential nomination form
- Adom FM, EndPoint Homeopathic Clinic offer free prostate screening exercise
- Adom FM launches ‘Sɛdeɛ Yɛka No Nie’ to promote accurate use of Akan language
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- Moses OK opens up his music journey
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027