Audio By Carbonatix
The reconstruction of the wipe-out Bogoso-Appiatse community is scheduled to start on Sunday, May 15, 2022.
This is according to the Deputy Lands Minister and the Chairman of the Appiatse Reconstruction Implementation Committee, Benito Owusu-Bio.
The announcement comes nearly two months after the inauguration of the Appiatse Reconstruction Implementation Committee.
The Appiatse Support Fund, which was set up to mobilise adequate funds to rebuild the community destroyed by a fatal explosion, has received over ¢35 million in donations so far.
Mr Benito Owusu-Bio, in a media engagement, disclosed that the contractor(s) and designs for the reconstruction will be made known in two weeks.
According to him, the stipulated time is also to allow the Ministry of Roads and Highways to do their road layouts.
“Within two weeks, we will be able to have selected whoever will be constructing the building and the designs. Within the stipulated time, the Ministry of Roads would have been there to do their road layouts. That is a big step, without which we can’t proceed. We can do many things concurrently. We will also be able to give proper estimates.”
“Hopefully, by May 15, we should have commenced rebuilding the community.”
Last Friday, a heavy downpour disrupted the lives of over 50 persons who were displaced by the Appiatse explosion.
About the unfortunate situation
Thirteen people were killed, and 179 others were injured in the explosion on Thursday, January 20, 2022.
The explosion is said to have been caused by a collision between a vehicle transporting explosives to a mining site and a tricycle.
The truck involved in the explosion was heading to Chirano Gold Mines.
According to the mining company, the truck belongs to Maxam Ghana Limited, a mining services contractor.
Through the Lands and Natural Resources Ministry, the government imposed a fine of $6 million on Maxam Ghana Limited.
Latest Stories
-
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
55 minutes -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
1 hour -
The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
1 hour -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
2 hours -
The Cost of Macroeconomic Stabilization: An Analysis of the Bank ofGhana’s 2025 Financial Deficit
2 hours -
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
2 hours -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
3 hours -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
3 hours -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
3 hours -
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
4 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
4 hours -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
4 hours -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
5 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
5 hours -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
5 hours