Audio By Carbonatix
Chief Executive Officer of Travel Matters, Ivan Cudjoe has exposed the Ministry of Youth and Sports (MOYS) by insisting to the Commission of Inquiry that they never signed any contract or formed any consortium with the Sports Ministry to airlift Ghanaian supporters to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.
If anything, it was only by word of mouth, Cudjoe told the Presidential Commission investigating Ghana'a embarrassing outing at the 2014 World Cup.
Former Sports Minister Elvis Afriyie Ankrah and Project Coordinator for the 2014 World Cup, Fred Darko had earlier told the World Cup Commission they the agents had signed a contract to form a consortium to undertake the task of flying the fans to Brazil.
Travel Matters were said to have led the consortium but Cudjoe shockingly revealed everything was said to have been done verbally.
According to him, he planned to carry only clients to Brazil but was approached by the other two appointed travel agencies Kenpong and African Origin to absorb their quota of fans.
This was what led to the formation of the consortium according to Afriyie Ankrah and Fred Darko.
But Ivan Cudjoe in a sharp rebuttal said no consortium was formed and all dealings were done verbally at every point in time during the preparations towards the 2014 World Cup.
“There was no consortium formed,” he told the Commission on Monday. None whatsoever in all our deliberations because everything was done verbally
“We met with the Chief of Staff – with the other travel and tour operators- and he asked us to go and do a good job without signing any official document.”
This revelation was to the surprise of Justice Senyo Dzamefe who then screamed Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!! before the audience.
Latest Stories
-
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
16 minutes -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
1 hour -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
2 hours -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
2 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
3 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
3 hours -
Tension in Kasoa: Assembly pulls down shops for 24-hour economy project
4 hours -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
4 hours -
REGSEC halts Koforidua China Mall project over severe flooding
4 hours -
Tamale police arrest suspect with large quantities of drugs
5 hours -
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
5 hours -
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
5 hours -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
5 hours -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
5 hours -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
6 hours