Ghanaian reggae/dancehall musician, Samini, has refuted claims that his career has taken a nosedive.
He told TV3 in an interview that even after he took a break from active music to pursue higher education, nothing significant happened in the music industry.
“What? Go get a degree and come back,” he retorted when his opinion was sought on comments that his music career fortunes had plummeted.
He also added that at the moment there is no hit song in the system.
“Even while at school when I thought I was on break, I didn’t see anything significant change in the space and I am back. There is no hit song in the space. Who? When? No hit song can beat just ‘My Own’ right now,” he noted.
When the host, Berla Mundi mentioned Camidoh and Black Sherif were making strides on the international scene, Samini replied that he was making comparison to Shatta Wale, Sarkodie and Stonebwoy.
He, however, commended Stonebwoy for his ‘5th Dimension’ album.
“Don’t get me wrong and don’t take my message wrongly. We are taking four the four S’s [Shatta Wale, Samini, Stonebwoy and Sarkodie]. There is no banger. Big ups to Stonebwoy for his new project. ‘5th Dimension’ is a great project. I like ‘Into the Future.’ It’s a hit.
So among the four S’s, the only one that has dropped something is Stonebwoy who is coming from my school,” he stated.
Samini who has been in the music industry for 20 years has released hit songs including ‘Linda’, ‘My Own’, ‘Obaa’, ‘Music’, ‘Di Wo Line Mu’, among others.
He has also won both local international awards from Ghana Music Awards, MOBO Awards, among others.
Samini recently graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management from Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
He was the President of the Students Representative Council (SRC) during his final year at the school.
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert